Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) Guidelines in response to COVID-19 share
- For more information of the extension of the free storage period put in place by KPA, click here.
- For more information on the measures KPA has put in place to ensure operations at the Port of Mombasa continue uninterpreted, click here.
- For more information on the email contacts to use for assistance on the services offered at the Inland Container Depot, click here.
- The Shipping Agents are expected to send these important documents to facilitate outbound planning and reconciliation. These are electronic EDI message and where they are not able to do the electronic documentation, they can do the CLL (Container Loading List) in the WEB IP platform.
- The Clearing Agent should give correct information in the pre-advice e.g. type of container and nature of cargo, Weight, VGM Weight, Port of Discharge, Port of Origin, if reefer – temperature to be set when plugging, dangerous consignment and its IMDG code etc. in line with the SOLAS Conventions/Regulations where responsibility rests with the Exporter and their Agents.
- Gate validations include that of truck details, container and KPA payments. Customs gate-in release was earlier validated when pre-advising by the Clearing Agent.