AEO is a World Customs Organisation best practice, Customs business model designed to reward players involved in the international supply chain who have demonstrated to be reliable partners of Customs. These partners must have a track history of compliance to Customs laws and regulations over time.
The clients enjoy:
- Preferential Customs facilitation when clearing.
- Reduced time and cost at points of service
- Customs certified secured and reliable trading partner when trading
The benefits of the AEO program are outlined here.
In Kenya, there are two categories of AEO:
- National AEO - the benefits are limited to the jurisdiction of Kenya.
- East African Regional AEO - this a more comprehensive programme since its members are mutually recognized by the East African Community (EAC)
For more information on eligibility and the process of getting certified, click here.
For more information on the AEO program, click here.